- They are focused on the problem and don’t care what role they are playing to solve the problem. They want the problem to go away.
- They empathize with the user who is facing this problem and want to know more. They have questions. They are curious.
- They feel comfortable to step out of their day to day responsibilities, if it helps to solve the problem
- They stick to their solutions, even if those makes sense – because they feel comfortable with it
- They do not step out of their comfort zone as it might make them vulnerable.
- They try to create boundaries around them so that anything outside their role is not their concern. Never put themselves in place of users or peers
Become a Problem solver and not a Solution provider.